Central Railway Station

Central Railway Station

About

In 1859 the first railway station of the city started to operate; for military reasons timber was the basic construction material.

Between 1907 and 1913 the German architects Rüdell, Jüsgen and Scheuffel planned and organized the gradual replacing of the half-timbering by modern building techniques.

The monumental main building and the high clock tower are in “Moselle Baroque”.

In the entrance hall a mosaic window discloses the outline of the city; the ceiling was repainted by the Luxembourg artist Armand Strainchamps.

Useful information

Address

Central Railway Station
Place de la Gare
L-1616 Luxembourg

T. +352 2489 2489
S.