Grand Ducal Palace

About

In its function as the city residence of the Grand Ducal family, it is situated right in the core of the Old Town.

Formerly the first town hall of the city occupied the site of the present palace; destroyed by a gunpowder explosion (1554), the town hall was rebuilt 20 years later. In the middle of the 18th century the former City Scales were added as an extension, whereas the Parliament was built as an annex in 1859. Since 1890 the main building has been the Palace of the Grand Dukes'.

From 1992 to 1995 it was restored thoroughly.

Guided tours from mid-July till end of August
 

Useful information

Address

Grand Ducal Palace
17, rue du Marché-aux-Herbes
L-1728 Luxembourg

T. +352 47 48 741