Bock Casemates

Bock Casemates

About the tour

Visits : Tour for individuals

From 6.00€/per.

The first underground tunnels were built in 1644, in the era of the Spanish domination. The 23-kilometre long galleries were enlarged only 40 years later by Vauban, the French military engineer and fortress builder, and in the eighteenth century by the Austrians. The subterranean defensive passages were placed on different levels and reached down as far as 40 metres. It is these impressive defence works that conferred Luxembourg the name of “Gibraltar of the North”. After the dismantling of the fortress in 1867, 17 kilometres of the casemates were spared, left in good condition. Since 1933 the Bock and Pétrusse casemates have been open to the public. The fortress ramparts and the historically impressive Old Town enjoy international reputation: in 1994 UNESCO listed them as World Heritage.

Opening hours:

18th of February - 31st of March 2017 and 1st of October - 5th of November 2017:
daily from 10am till 5.30pm (last entrance at 5pm)

1st of April - 30st of September 2017:
daily from 10am till 8.30pm (last entrance at 8pm)

Tariffs:
6,00 € adults
5,00 € students / adults in a group
3,00 € children

Tour details

Prices

Adults: 6.00€

Children: 3.00€

Students, seniors and disabled people: 5.00€